Location & Local Area
Knowle Farm is set in rural countryside on the outskirts of Rattery, which is approximately ten minutes west of the historic market town of Totnes on the River Dart. We are just three hours from London and the Midlands, being a short and easy drive from the A38 link road between Exeter and Plymouth.
We've created a map which shows some of the great things you can see and do around us, just click on each coloured marker to see what's there.
Red = Knowle Farm, Blue = General attraction, Green = GTBS member, Yellow = Pub/Restaurant, Purple = Supplier of local/organic/veggie products, Brown = Walks, Orange = Local bus stops,
We are centrally located to the whole of the South Devon area and as such offer an ideal base for those looking to explore the enormous variety of countryside and places of interest that can be found throughout the region.
Dartmoor National Park is right on our doorstep, and superb sandy beaches with spectacular coastline are within 30 minutes drive. The South Hams is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- Dartington Hall is just ten minutes away and offers many events and courses throughout the year including the Ways With Words Literature Festival - normally in July.
- Totnes Elizabethan Days occur weekly throughout the summer when the town goes back in time.
- Totnes markets occur Fridays and Saturdays.
- Dart Music Festival - May time.
- Cornwood Vintage and Classic Vehicle Rally - June time.
- Salcombe Regattas - August time.
- For upcoming events over the next few weeks we suggest you try www.southhamsevents.co.uk
ChristmasThere's plenty to do and see around Christmas - the following are just some of the events and all these are right on our doorstep:
- South Devon Steam Railway runs Father Christmas specials (advanced bookings necessary)
- Pennywell Farm puts on Nativity Plays with real animals and a Santa's Grotto (advanced bookings necessary)
- Totnes Christmas Festival - This year running on December 8th, 15th and 22nd. Excellent Christmas market with a great range of festive stalls and often live music
- Riverford Organic Field Kitchen - special Christmas package of three course meal and mulled wine (advanced bookings necessary)
- Dartington Cider Press and Craft Centre - this is always a fun place to visit over the Christmas period
- When you book with us we will be pleased to help with information on any of the above.