Location & Local Area
Knowle Farm is set in rural countryside on the outskirts of Rattery, approximately ten minutes west of the historic market town of Totnes on the River Dart. Our central South Devon location makes us an ideal base for those looking to explore the enormous variety of countryside and places of interest that the region has to offer.
We are just three hours from London and the Midlands.
Click on the coloured markers on our interactive map below to see some of the great things you can see and do around us, or scroll down further for some highlights we've picked out.
Red = Knowle Farm, Blue = General attraction, Green = GTBS member, Yellow = Pub/Restaurant, Purple = Supplier of local/organic/veggie products, Brown = Walks, Orange = Local bus stops,
Each of the below can also be found on our interactive map above.
Just 5 minutes from us, with pig racing, pony rides, animal feeding, play areas and much more. Pennywell is an essential day out.
A fascinating place to visit to see a great array of both local and exotic species. Perfect for a rainy day!
We are within 30 minutes of a host of fantastic sandy beaches, perfect for sandcastles or sunbathing.
There are two beautiful steam lines near us, both of which can be combined with other activities at either end of the journey.
Assault courses, zip lines, tyre swings and their very own pirate ship make this an excellent option for sunnier days.
Dartmoor National Park
Right on our doorstep, its iconic scenery, myriad walks, ancient pubs and pretty villages make Dartmoor truly unique.
For upcoming local events over the next few weeks we suggest you try www.southhamsevents.co.uk, but here are some regular ones:
- Dartington Hall is just ten minutes away and offers many events and courses throughout the year including the Ways With Words Literature Festival - normally in July.
- Totnes Elizabethan Days occur weekly throughout the summer when the town goes back in time.
- Totnes markets occur Fridays and Saturdays.
- Dart Music Festival - May time.
- Cornwood Vintage and Classic Vehicle Rally - June time.
- Salcombe Regattas - August time.
There's plenty to do and see around Christmas - the following are just some of the events and all these are right on our doorstep:
- South Devon Steam Railway runs Father Christmas specials (advanced bookings necessary)
- Pennywell Farm puts on Nativity Plays with real animals and a Santa's Grotto (advanced bookings necessary)
- Totnes Christmas Festival - This year running on December 8th, 15th and 22nd. Excellent Christmas market with a great range of festive stalls and often live music
- Riverford Organic Field Kitchen - special Christmas package of three course meal and mulled wine (advanced bookings necessary)
- Dartington Cider Press and Craft Centre - this is always a fun place to visit over the Christmas period
When you book with us we will be pleased to help with information on any of the above.